Get A Quote

Home Insurance

When you are shopping for home insurance, you typically shop for coverages on one of your largest purchases and asset. If you are renting, whether long or short term, you need to have insurance coverage to guard against disasters and losses.

Homeowners, Condo, and Renters Policy Types: The Differences

If you own a home or condo, you need homeowners insurance. This type of policy will cover both the outside of the home and all the contents of your home. It will cover the majority of natural disasters (certain disasters like earthquakes or floods may be excluded but you may add extra coverage for that specific purpose) and will allow you to replace or rebuild damaged property to make you whole. If your home is broken into and items are stolen your insurance will help replace stolen items and pay for any damage in terms of vandalism.

With a renters policy, the coverage includes the inner contents of the home, apartment, or room that you are renting. This is coverage for the break-ins, the natural disasters, fires, and other circumstances that are beyond your control. Even though your landlord will have a homeowners policy on the structure, it does not cover your own personal items as a renter, which is why renters insurance is essential.

In summary, home and renter's insurance are important for protecting your property, personal belongings, and financial well-being. They provide peace of mind and help you manage unexpected expenses, making them valuable investments for homeowners and renters alike.

Call us today!